Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is an NGO, registered by the Palestinian Interior Ministry and holds a certificate of registration number 7536. TFS was established in 2006 to activate the role of women, youth, children and the elderly and to integrate them into their societies.
In partnership with Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA), TFS is implementing the “Enhancing the Civic and Political Engagement of Youth in the Gaza Strip” project.
The project goal is to empower young women and men, not only to better cope with the challenges of occupation, but also to transform themselves for the better.
As part of this project, TFS is recruiting a qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project Assistant.
Position Type: Full time (100 %)
Location: Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) Office, El-Nasserite, Middle Area
Duration: 4 months (with possibility for extension)
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Participate in preparing the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) of project activities.
- Supervise and follow up the implementation of project activities according to the DIP.
- Ensure all program activities are implemented in a timely manner and according to donor’s rules and regulations.
- Follow up and ensure the timely implementation of different activities per the approved action plan and relevant project documents.
- Supervise participants involved in the implementation of activities.
- Assist in managing the performance of the project staff in the administrative and professional levels
- Develop and implement activities according to MEAL plan.
- Participate in budget planning for the project.
- Keep track of the financial expenses within the project budget
- Plan for and implement regular field visits to monitor project progress and make adjustments as necessary and in coordination with the project coordinator to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results.
- Conduct and attend meetings, workshops, and other activities related to the project.
- Manage project participants database on Excel.
- Manage internal and external communication related to the project.
- Work with supervisees in creating performance development plans and provide support to achieve their performance objectives.
- Prepare regular progress reports, interim and final narrative reports with high quality and in a timely manner including the key achievements, challenges and obstacles facing the implementation of the project.
- Contribute to the development of new program ideas in the field of work.
- Provide regular feedback to project coordinator regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs.
- Participate in the evaluation and closing of the project.
- Document all activities of the program and maintain an efficient program filing system including all program related documents.
- Document project success stories
- Perform any other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the project period.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor degree from an accredited university in Social Sciences, Engineering, Business Administration, Development or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in projects Assisting and coordination and management with NGOs or INGOs.
• Ability to work under pressure, independently and with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good coordination Skills.
• Good writing and communication skills in both English and Arabic.
• Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Al-Tawasol Forum Society (TFS) is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
- Interested candidates should submit their CVs, certificates and supporting documents through Project Assistant
- Deadline for applications is 19/09/2021 at 12:00 PM.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- For inquiries, please call the Association’s telephone number: 082557209.